Spend 13 days exploring the history and beauty of the Chindwin river as you sail past golden temples, quaint villages and sacred mountains.
Arrive in Mandalay and enjoy a sightseeing transfer to the ship. You’ll see the revered Mahamuni Temple, Kyaukisittan and Shwe Kyaung before arriving.
This morning enjoy an introductory lecture about the Myanmar way of life as we cruise towards Monywa.
After breakfast alight for a walking tour of the traditional farming village of Moktaw. Witness an important rite of passage in Myanmar, the novice initiation ceremony, at the Moktaw monastery.
Disembark for an early morning visit to the ‘Teak Port’ of Maukkadaw before returning to the ship for brunch.
|Day (05)||After breakfast take an excursion to Kalay for a glimpse of local life at the lively market.
Relax and enjoy the ship’s luxurious facilities this afternoon as we cruise towards Mawleik.
Dinner this evening is a barbecue on shore at Mawleik, with transfers by local tuk tuk.
This morning visit Mawleik town, once the adminstrative seat of the Bombay Burma Trading Company. Take a local truck transfer to Mawleik elephant camp followed by a historical tour of the town.
Disembark for a morning trek to the rural village of Sitthaung. See the emerald green paddy fields on your way to the village pagoda.
Today’s excursion takes us to Homalin town. Enjoy a riverside walk, the morning market and the Buddha Lotus Garden with its exquisite temple and stunning views.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast as we sail through beautiful scenery towards Kyidaung.
Take a morning tour of Mingin, an important town during the reign of King Mindon, including a visit to the impressive Mahar Minkyaung Monastery.
Enjoy a mid-morning brunch before disembarking for a visit to the exceptional and historically important sites of Bagan, accompanied by our guides.
After breakfast transfer to shore to experience the morning market of Nyaung Oo followed by a tour of Bagan’s major temples.
|Disembark early morning for your return flight to Yangon and onward travel.|
• Overnight stay on board at your selected room
• Buffet breakfast and lunch, and table d'hôte dinner - both eastern and western choices available
• Complimentary soft drinks, mineral water, local beer and free flow house wine (local and international) with lunch and dinner
• Internal flights within Myanmar included between Yangon and ship, as per itinerary
• Fully-qualified resident doctor
• All sightseeing, as per itinerary
• International flight to/from Yangon
• Domestic flights
• Myanmar Visa
• Laundry service
• Imported coffee, beer, wine, soft drinks, and spirits.
• Passenger's travel insurance as health, accident and baggage.
• Any other items not mentioned